I tried my gluten free diet and I’m done with it. I didn’t notice any difference in it, if anything it made me feel worse. Almost every single day I would have these debilitating migraines with nausea. I don’t know if it was withdrawals, but I could barely function at work so I stopped after a week and a half. I put gluten back into my diet and it didn’t really affect me negatively, but the headaches stopped.
As I said before, I decided not to take any pharmaceuticals and try the natural approach. My stomach is slowly but surely getting better. The thing with natural treatments, is that the healing is slower so you have to be patient. It’s not an instantaneous thing.
*Disclaimer* I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. Please consult your physician or naturopath before starting any of these medications to make sure there will be no interactions between these medications and the ones you are taking now. I am not responsible for what you decide to take, this is just some information on what is helping me.
Natural remedies I’m using now and seem to be working:
1. L-Glutamine: A lot of people use this supplement for weight lifting as it is an amino acid that helps with muscle building. It also helps with digestive issues, healing the stomach lining. I take 1000mg daily on an empty stomach. I use the capsules, but I break open the capsules and take them with water. They do not have a taste.
2. Mastic Gum: It has been used for a long time to treat gastritis that was caused by H.Pylori. I do not have H.Pylori but I take it anyway because it helps heal the gut as well. I take 2 capsules a day on an empty stomach. I take it for 30 days, and I’m almost done with it.
3. Zinc: I take 50 mg of Zinc a day with meals, if not it can irritate your stomach. I’ve heard that Zinc plus Carnosine is even better than just Zinc itself. Once I finish this bottle, I’ll be checking that out.
4. Probiotics: I drink Kefir daily which has many different good bacteria. I also take 2 probiotics daily with meals. I believe my gut was severely deficient in the good bacteria.
5. Manuka Honey 16+: This is really expensive because it’s not like regular honey and it definitely doesn’t taste like it. You get used to the taste. I usually take 1 teaspoon twice a day with a banana (which is also good for the stomach lining).
6. Vitamin B Complex: I take 1 sublingual twice a day. It tastes like utter horror, but who knows?
Things I’ve tried that I don’t think helped that much:
1. DGL Licorice tablets: Chewable tablets, tasted gross and I almost gagged. Maybe if I give them another chance. It was just really really gross.
2. Aloe Vera Juice (the inner filet): Also very very gross.
3. Digestive Enzymes: Probably should’ve waited until my stomach healed before trying these. They were a little rough on my stomach and made the acid reflux a million times worse.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar: Same as above.
Eventually I hope to be rid of this. My kidney/bladder thing is done, I’m feeling more energetic definitely. I also hope to hear back so I know a little bit more when I can have my hip surgery. That’s kind of been on the back burner since all of this stomach stuff started.
IN OTHER NEWS>>>
ALLIE is back! She is sooooo funny and awesome and HONEST.
Probably my favorite blog in the world.
Hyperbole and a Half