I decided to post some goals I have for 2014 instead of whine about my body today. This way, I hope I can go back to them when I’m feeling low and look ahead instead of where I am.
1. Run – Whether it be 1 mile or 10 miles, if I can just run any miles without pain, I will be happy.
2. Buy a home – I have never been settled. I have moved SO many times, even more than this list. This goal might not actually come until the beginning of 2015 because this year I will be needing to…
3. Save Money – I don’t even want to tell you how much I’ve spent in medical bills this year. Even with hitting my maximum out of pocket on my insurance and having to pay out of pocket for physical therapy every visit because my insurance only covers $2000 worth of it. (By the way if you don’t know how much that is in actual physical therapy visits, it’s about 12-13 visits, 9 which I was required to do before surgery so that left me with very little.), my actual income and savings have dwindled to a new low. Plus being off work 3 months doesn’t help.
4. Pay off Student Loans – I don’t have much left, but they’ve been lingering and I’d rather get them out of my sight.
5. Get Back in Shape- I guess this goes along with running, but I would like to start working out in the gym again and losing the weight that I put on during this 2 year long ordeal. I’m not doing this for you, or for her, or for those people over there, or anybody but just for myself.
6. Adopt another dog– Dexter needs a brother or a sister. There are so many poor dogs that have been abandoned and need a good home. I can’t imagine what would’ve happened to my precious Dexter boy (or me) if I didn’t get him when I did.